Every child deserves the best possible start as they begin their educational journey. At Durham International Nursery & Pre-Prep School, we deliver a creative curriculum guided by the UK’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework and English National Curriculum, drawing on a wide range of early years pedagogies and enhanced by the exciting learning opportunities available in Kenya.
The School is committed to delivering an education that is engaging, challenging, motivating and fun. Using a holistic approach to education, children learn through stimulating and creative experiences, both indoors and outdoors, ensuring that every child’s first experience of school is positive and so lays the foundation for all subsequent learning.
Children are taught the importance of values such as kindness, respect, responsibility and good manners and are given every encouragement to develop a love of lifelong learning and ‘Confidence for Life’.
Aims & Mission
Within a community shaped by moral integrity and kindness, Durham aims to cultivate responsibility and ambition to ensure that every child can thrive, be happy, and make a positive mark in the changing world.
The three pillars of a Durham School education which support this vision and so provide an environment where children can explore, make mistakes, learn and grow are:
- Academic challenge which gives pupils a lifelong appetite for learning.
- Pastoral care to provide our pupils with emotional, moral and spiritual strength.
- Co-curricular opportunities which enrich and develop the individual, and foster leadership, collaboration and teamwork.
- We demonstrate a desire to do the right thing.
- We act in private as we do in public.
- We have the courage to say and do the right thing.
- We stand firm for what is right.
- We challenge things we think wrong and are open to challenge from others.
- We are accountable for failure as well as success, and do not allocate blame.
- We can be relied upon to do what is right.
- We demonstrate and promote honesty.